BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- There have been a lot of eyes on the mobile phone industry in the last year. From the very high-profile failed merger attempt by AT&T (T) and T-Mobile to massive volatility in shares of Sprint Nextel (S), it's no surprise that cell phone stocks have Wall Street's attention right now.
Revenue growth has also been a major reason for investors' infatuation with mobile communications companies. As the penetration rate on cell phones increased domestically, legacy telcos have seen their businesses shift from primarily landline sales to primarily mobile sales. A rising tide of mobile phone sales has essentially lifted all ships in the industry over the last decade.
But not all cellular stocks are created equal -- and right now, investors are heavily shorting plenty of names. That's creating an opportunity for a short squeeze.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV