There have been worries that Apple's innovation engine will slow without Steve Jobs at the company's helm. "The major risk in the Apple story is that the company may no longer be able to innovate at the same rapid pace or with the same disruption that characterized the era when Steve Jobs was at the helm," wrote Needham analyst Charlie Wolf in a research note. Wolf rates shares a buy with a $540 price target.
When Jobs passed away, there were rumors that he had left Apple with a product pipeline of four years. Morningstar analyst Michael Holt wrote in a research report that "a full pipeline of Jobs-approved launches will fuel growth for the foreseeable future." Holt has a fair value of $540 on Apple.Apple sold a phenomenal 37.04 million iPhones, 5.2 million Macs, 15.43 million iPads, and 15.4 million iPods during the first quarter. The next area of innovation may be the much-rumored Apple TV. Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster asked about the company's living room strategy during Wednesday's conference call, and while CEO Cook did not hint at a television set forthcoming, many expect it for later this year or early 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV