Heckmann ( HEK )
Description: A fairly new, $667 million publicly-traded small-cap company, Heckmann assists oil drillers with the clean-up of water used in hydraulic fracking. The company recently finished building a 50-mile water disposal pipeline in the Haynesville Shale, which can treat and dispose up to 100,000 barrels of water a day.
Potential Upside in 2012: Approximately 40%, according to Bill Gunderson, president of Gunderson Capital Management.
Stock Price (Jan. 23 Close): $5.63TheStreet Ratings Grade: Hold. TheStreet Ratings team notes that even though the company's third-quarter sales increased, net income fell, representing a bottom line decrease. Also during the period, Heckmann's liquidity fell from a year ago. Still, the analysts say that key liquidity measurements show that it's relatively unlikely the company will face financial difficulties in the near future. Gunderson's View: Gunderson is especially impressed with the company's management. That, and with the help of an unexpected Keystone setback, should provide the stock with "lots" of upside potential. As a U.S. shale play, less Canadian oil supply could mean better business for Heckmann and its customers.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/atwtse . >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV