American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (NYSE: AEL) announced today that its annuity sales in the fourth quarter of 2011 totaled $1.4 billion ($1.3 billion net of coinsurance), bringing aggregate sales for 2011 to $5.1 billion ($4.8 billion net of coinsurance). This represents year over year growth of 9%.
EARNINGS RELEASE AND CONFERENCE CALL
AEL will announce its fourth quarter 2011 earnings after the close of market on Wednesday, February 22, 2012. The fourth quarter earnings release and financial supplement will be posted on the American Equity web site ( www.american-equity.com) at that time.
AEL will hold a conference call to discuss fourth quarter 2011 earnings on Thursday, February 23, 2012, at 9 a.m. CST. The conference call will be webcast live on the Internet. Investors and interested parties who wish to listen to the call on the Internet may do so at www.american-equity.com.The call may also be accessed by telephone at 866-825-1709, passcode 39670014 (international callers, please dial 617-213-8060). An audio replay will be available shortly after the call on AEL’s website. An audio replay will also be available via telephone through March 15, 2012, by calling 1-888-286-8010, passcode 59661466 (international callers will need to dial 1-617-801-6888). ABOUT AMERICAN EQUITY American Equity Investment Life Holding Company, through its wholly-owned operating subsidiaries, is a full service underwriter of annuity and life insurance products, with a primary emphasis on the sale of index and fixed rate annuities. The company’s headquarters are located at 6000 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa, 50266. The mailing address of the company is: P.O. Box 71216, Des Moines, Iowa 50325.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV