Actual results may differ materially from current management forecasts and projections as a result of factors over which the company has no control. Information on these risk factors and additional information on forward-looking statements are included in the news release and in the company’s reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
And now, I’ll turn the call over to Mr. Small for his comments.
Thank you, Terra. Good morning and thank you for joining us for the First Defiance Financial Corp. Conference Call to review the 2011 fourth quarter and year-end results. Last night, we issued our 2011 earnings release and this morning, we would like to discuss that release and give you a look forward into 2012. At the conclusion of our presentation, we will answer any questions you might have.Joining me on the call this morning to give more detail on the financial performance for the fourth quarter and the year is CFO, Don Hileman. Also with us, this morning to answer questions is Jim Rohrs, President and CEO of First Federal Bank.Fourth quarter 2011 net income on a GAAP basis was $4.1 million or $0.36 per diluted common share compared to $2.3 million and $0.22 per diluted common share in the 2010 fourth quarter. For the year ended December 31, 2011, First Defiance earned $15.5 million or $1.42 per diluted common share compared to $8.1 million or $0.75 per diluted common share for 2010.We are pleased with the improved performance in 2011 over last year, even as the operating environment remains shaky. As 2011 came to an end, we continued to see the economy struggle to gain traction. We’re still dealing with the high unemployment levels in the housing sector that has not found its footing. Some economic indicators are pointing toward a sustainable recovery. The job growth continues to lag and foreclosures on homes remain high.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV