CUPERTINO, Calif. ( TheStreet) -- Apple (AAPL) reported its fiscal first-quarter numbers after market close on Tuesday, blasting past analysts' estimates thanks to massive holiday season gadget sales.
The tech giant reported earnings of $13.06 billion, or $13.87 a share, on revenue of $46.33 billion. Analysts were looking for profit of $10.15 per share on just over $39 billion in revenue in the period. International sales accounted for 58% of the company's quarterly revenue.
"We're thrilled with our outstanding results and record-breaking sales of iPhones, iPads and Macs," explained Tim Cook, Apple's CEO, in a statement released after market close. "Apple's momentum is incredibly strong, and we have some amazing new products in the pipeline."Apple sold 37.04 million iPhones in the quarter, a 128% hike on the prior year's quarter, and 15.43 million iPads, an increase of 111% on the same period last year. During the first quarter, Apple sold 5.2 million Macs, a 26% year-over-year increase. Check out the blog recap for more details on Apple's first-quarter results, its cash position, and second-quarter guidance. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV