BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Stocks are continuing to move sideways this week, as the VIX Volatility Index sits near six-month lows. Diminishing volatility has been the name of the game so far in 2012, a major shift from the volatile trading conditions investors had to deal with at the end of last year. But don't think that we've reached a "new normal" in volatility just yet.
Europe is continuing to be a black cloud for U.S. investors as drama starts to heat up again between Greece and its private creditors. Overnight, the euro lost ground against a basket of other currencies, briefly reminding investors that Mr. Market is still susceptible to sharp declines from the situation that continues to plague the Eurozone.
Here at home, earnings season is in full swing, with literally hundreds of firms planning on announcing their quarterly numbers to Wall Street this week; solid fundamental improvements for domestic stocks could stave off downside pressure from abroad.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV