The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has recognized Huntington (NASDAQ: HBAN; www.huntington.com) as the No. 3 lender in the nation for number of SBA 7(a) loans. In addition to its high national ranking, Huntington also remains the No. 1 lender among Midwest states for both the number and dollar amount of SBA 7(a) loans provided to small businesses 1.
According to the SBA, Huntington made 588 SBA 7(a) loans for a total of $83.5 million for the period from Oct. 1 through December 31, 2011. Huntington outpaced its market competitors with more than four times the number of loans, and more than three times the dollar volume.
SBA’s results also show Huntington as the top lender in Ohio, Michigan and Western Pennsylvania in both number of loans and total loan amount, and the top lender in volume and second in loan amount in Indiana and West Virginia.
“Huntington is dedicated to helping small businesses in our local communities because we recognize their success will help add jobs that contribute to our economic recovery, particularly in the Midwest,” said Steve Rhodes, Huntington’s director of business banking. “Small business lending is a priority at Huntington, and we will remain committed to improving the resources we provide to small businesses each and every year.”Huntington's performance by state:
- Ohio: 326 loans with a dollar volume of $40.2 million, No. 1 both in number of loans and dollar amount
- Michigan: 140 loans with a dollar volume of $29.2 million, No. 1 both in number of loans and dollar amount
- Western Pennsylvania: 35 loans with a dollar volume of $5.3 million, No. 1 in number of loans and No. 2 in dollar amount
- Indiana: 61 loans with a dollar volume of $7.3 million, No. 1 in number of loans and No. 2 in dollar amount
- West Virginia: 16 loans with a dollar volume of $.8 million, No. 1 in number of loans and No. 2 in dollar amount
- Kentucky: 10 loans with a dollar volume of $.5 million, No. 2 in number of loans and No. 12 in dollar amount
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts