Penns Woods Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:PWOD)
- Net income from core operations (“operating earnings”), which is a non-GAAP measure of net income excluding net securities gains and losses, increased to $3,079,000 and $11,952,000 for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2011 compared to $2,854,000 and $10,815,000 for the same periods of 2010.
- Operating earnings per share for the three months ended December 31, 2011 were $0.80 basic and dilutive compared to $0.74 basic and dilutive for the same period of 2010 or an increase of 8.1%. Operating earnings per share for the twelve months ended December 31, 2011 increased 10.6% to $3.12 basic and dilutive compared to $2.82 basic and dilutive for the same period of 2010.
- Net interest margin was 4.78% for the three months ended December 31, 2011 compared to 4.66% for the corresponding period of 2010. For the twelve months ended December 31, 2011 the net interest margin was 4.70% compared to 4.57% for the twelve month 2010 period.
- Return on average equity was 17.00% for the three months ended December 31, 2011 compared to 15.56% for the corresponding period of 2010. Earnings for the twelve months ended December 31, 2011 correlate to a return on average equity of 16.60% compared to 15.30% for the twelve month 2010 period.
“Although earnings remain stable we continue to deal with the challenging economy and credit cycle. Our focus moving forward will continue to be building core deposits, loan growth, and managing credit risk,” said Richard A. Grafmyre, CFP®, President and CEO.
A reconciliation of the non-GAAP financial measures of operating earnings, operating return on assets, operating return on equity, and operating earnings per share described in the highlights to the comparable GAAP financial measures is included at the end of this press release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV