The coffee retailer said Monday that it plans to add beer and wine to its menu at about five locations in Atlanta and Southern California by the end of the year. It was already planning on a similar rollout of these offerings for six locations near Chicago in 2012. Five stores near Seattle as well as one in Portland currently offer wine and beer on their menus.
"We're pleased with the response of our customers to the introduction of wine, beer and premium food at several of our stores in the Pacific Northwest, and we're excited to see how the idea translates to other markets," senior vice president of U.S. operations Clarice Turner said in a statement.
The locations that are offering beer and wine will also feature hot flatbreads and some new snacks to potentially pair with these beverages.-- Written by Alexandra Zendrian in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV