The Global X Silver Miner ETF's (SIL) strength indicates that producers across the precious metal spectrum are benefiting from the market's strength.
Market Vectors Vietnam ETF (VNM) -1.4%
VNM got off to a rocky start in 2012 as the fund locked in all-time lows. In the past few weeks, however, the fund has staged a dramatic about-face, recovering December's losses.
Vietnam's marketplace is a unique entity. It is not uncommon to see VNM perform independent of other ASEAN nations.iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures ETN (VXX) -0.8% The fear-tracking VIX index is heading higher, snapping a three day losing streak. Despite this upward action, however, the futures-tracking VXX is struggling to find footing. In 2012, this closely-watched product has witnessed only two days of upward action. This steep, prolonged descent has caused it to give back nearly all of the gains seen during its August run-up. All prices as of 2:15 PM EST. Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV