- Although AMAT's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.22 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.78, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, APPLIED MATERIALS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $698.00 million or 32.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, APPLIED MATERIALS INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 58.32%.
- 41.70% is the gross profit margin for APPLIED MATERIALS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of AMAT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 20.90% trails the industry average.
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.