- SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO has improved earnings per share by 8.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO turned its bottom line around by earning $1.73 versus -$0.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.85 versus $1.73).
- SWN's revenue growth trails the industry average of 35.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $443.28 million or 9.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 29.18%.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- SWN's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 25.38%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, SWN is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.