- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for CUBIST PHARMACEUTICALS INC is currently very high, coming in at 77.00%. Regardless of CBST's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CBST's net profit margin of 3.20% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CBST's share price has jumped by 90.11%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 53.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $14.55 million to $6.82 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CUBIST PHARMACEUTICALS INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts