Updated from 10:36 a.m. EST to provide additional analyst comments in eighth paragraph, information about Leon Cooperman's stake in third paragraph, and latest share price.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - Research In Motion (RIMM) has finally reshuffled its management team, announcing Thorsten Heins as its new CEO. Investors, however, are less than impressed, sending shares nearly 7% lower this afternoon.
Shares of RIM have surrendered 74.2% of their value over the past year, according to Google Finance, as the handset maker loses market share and relevance in the smartphone market to Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG). Apple's stock, in contrast, has gained 28.6% over the same time period, while Google's has dipped just 4.2%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV