The Nuveen Multi-Strategy Income and Growth Fund (NYSE: JPC) today announced that implementation of the fund’s previously announced portfolio repositioning will begin January 23, 2012. Fund shareholders approved certain changes needed to implement the portfolio repositioning at a special shareholder meeting held on November 18, 2011. An overview of the repositioning is available by clicking here. The fund will notify shareholders once the portfolio repositioning has been completed.
JPC currently features a mix of debt and equity investment strategies. After the completion of its portfolio repositioning, the fund will focus its investments on preferred securities. Nuveen Asset Management, LLC (NAM) and NWQ Investment Management Company, LLC (NWQ), affiliates of Nuveen Investments, will assume portfolio management responsibilities from JPC’s existing sub-advisers and each will manage a part of the fund’s investment portfolio. As a result, the following portfolio managers have been appointed to the existing portfolio management team:
- NAM: Douglas Baker and Brenda Langenfeld;
- NWQ: Michael Carne and Kevin Hunter.
Mr. Baker also serves as the portfolio manager for the Nuveen Preferred Securities Fund, and related preferred security strategies. He joined Nuveen Asset Management in 2006 as a Vice President and Derivatives Analyst, and later that year his responsibilities expanded to include portfolio management duties. Mr. Baker also manages Nuveen Asset Management’s derivative overlay group, where he is responsible for implementing derivatives-based hedging strategies across the Nuveen fund complex. Prior to joining Nuveen, Mr. Baker spent three years at Lehman Brothers in institutional fixed income and derivatives sales, and prior to that he spent five years at Bank of America in corporate and commercial banking. Mr. Baker earned his BS in finance with honors from the University of Illinois and his MBA in finance and economics with honors from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV