Samsung Galaxy SII Roams the Globe
What you don't get
Using this thing overseas can get expensive. Data connections are a pain to manage and there is the problem of thievery.
The Galaxy's problems spin out of its virtues -- it's so easy to use that I found I was running up costly minutes. So real discipline is needed when traveling abroad with this device.
Also, managing all your data options can be frustrating. I found keeping connected on a Wi-Fi network took constant rebooting.And while the phone is cool, it is almost too cool. I was actually nervous about flashing it when I was out and about in this fascinating but, let's be honest, poverty-stricken and dangerous town. Bottom line
The Samsung Galaxy SII is one heck of a business mobile telephony solution. It's fast, smart and provides excellent functionality. If you travel around the globe for work, this is my pick for the device to have. And actually, the coming of a new generation of phones might just be the best thing that happens to the Galaxy SII. It might make it cheaper. If this device ever comes free with a contract? That will probably be the best deal in business telephony. Ever. >To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV