The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (Insider Monkey) -- Goldman Sachs published a report entitled "Americas: Technology: Semiconductors," on January 2. The report isn't publicly available, but we will summarize its main points. In it, James Covello, James Schneider, Mark Delaney and Gabriela Borges suggest that the semiconductor sector is expected to perform better than the semi production equipment sector.
Semiconductor shipments are currently below trend and fundamentals are likely to improve in the second quarter of 2012. Orders for semi production equipment, on the other hand, are likely to decline by mid-2012. In this article, we will focus on Goldman Sachs' favorite stocks in this industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV