Another stock in the computer services complex that's nearing a big breakout is Rediff.com India (REDF). This company, along with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the business of providing online Internet-based services, focusing on India and the global Indian community. This is another stock that's off to blazing start in 2012 with shares up over 17% so far.
If you look at the chart for Rediff.com India, you'll notice this stock has found some big buying support in the past few months at around $7.11 to $7.37 a share. After that buying interest swept in, shares of REDF started to uptrend, and it's now challenging a move back above its 200-day moving average of $9.06 a share. If that level can get taken out along with some near-term overhead resistance, then REDF could easily breakout and spike significantly higher.Market players should now watch REDF for a sustained high-volume move and close above $9.06 and $9.25 a share. Look for a volume that's near or above its three-month average action of 460,685 shares. If we get that action, then I would look for REDF to re-test $10.50 to $11.20 a share, or possibly much higher. Keep in mind that REDF will report earnings on January 25 before the market opens. Regardless of that upcoming news event, I would still look to play this breakout for a trade going into next week. This stock could easily spike up towards $11.20 before their numbers are released.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV