One stock that's very close to triggering a breakout trade is Changyou.com (CYOU). This is online game developer and operator in the People's Republic of China. This stock is off to a slow start in 2012 with shares up just a bit over 2%.
If you take a look at the chart for Changyou.com, you'll notice that this stock has been stuck in a big downtrend for the last six months. During that timeframe, shares of CYOU have grinding lower making mostly lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish price action. That said, now CYOU is starting to find some buying support at around $20.71 to $22.25 a share, and some decent upside volume days are also starting to show up.Market players should now watch for CYOU to sustain a high-volume move and close back above $23.57 and $24 a share. A high-volume move or close above those levels will trigger a breakout trade. Watch for volume on any future breakout that's near or above its three-month average volume of 311,918 shares. If we get that action, then look for CYOU to spike big back towards $27 a share, or possibly higher. Keep in mind that CYOU is scheduled to report earnings on Feb. 6 after the market close. If the breakout I mentioned above hits before their earnings date, then look for this stock to spike nice as we head into their report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV