NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Investors have a lot of moving parts to keep an eye on with the continuation of earnings season this week. Here are five investment strategies for Monday that Wall Street insiders are touting.
1) Software is more resilient than you think
Evercore says that IBM (IBM) might be a signal that the software sector has more life in it than investors think."IBM noted that demand trends remain strong as enterprises look to deploy solutions that can add value to their businesses, and we expect initiatives around business intelligence, data integration and cloud computing to remain key focuses throughout the software industry," writes Evercore. IBM met expectations on revenue and slightly beat earnings estimates in the fourth quarter last week. IBM's push toward more business analytics and other complex businesses where it doesn't have to compete on price seems to be paying off. The firm's projected earnings of $14.85 a share for 2012 topped Thomson Reuters' forecast of $14.82. Some of the stocks Evercore favors are VMWare (VMW), Citrix Systems (CTXS), Salesforce.com (CRM) and RedHat (RHT) -- the latter two being Evercore's top two growth ideas for the current year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV