NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Things are better; that will be the take away from next week's earnings," Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show viewers on Friday, as he laid out his game plan for next week's trading.
Cramer said that on Monday, he'll be watching Halliburton (HAL) and Texas Instruments (TXN) for their latest earnings. He said that Halliburton will likely disappoint, as it's levered to natural gas, but Texas Instruments has become a darling and should do well.For Tuesday, DuPont (DD), Kimberly-Clark (KMB), McDonald's (MCD) and Apple (AAPL), a stock which Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, take center stage. Cramer expects good things from DuPont and Kimberly, but said McDonald's could sell off after its earnings release. Apple, he said, will likely blow away its already inflated estimates. Wednesday brings Conoco-Phillips (COP), Abbott Labs (ABT), Boeing (BA) and Occidential Petroleum (OXY). Cramer was bullish on all four names. Then on Thursday, Cramer said that Caterpillar (CAT), 3M (MMM), Nucor Steel (NUE) and Starbucks (SBUX) will be reporting. He was equally bullish on this group of stocks as well. Finally on Friday, Cramer said Honeywell (HON) will report the consistent earnings he's come to expect from that great company. However he's in "listen-only" mode regarding Altria (MO) and Procter & Gamble (PG). Regarding the Federal Reserve meeting on Wednesday, Cramer said he welcomes interest rate hikes, as that would mean the economy is stronger than anyone realizes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV