- Fourth-quarter 2011 earnings include a pre-tax $683 thousand write-off of the Napa core deposit intangible asset (included in other expense), primarily due to a significant decline in alternative funding costs since the Acquisition. This write-off reduced diluted earnings per share by 7 cents in the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2011.
- Fourth-quarter 2011 earnings reflect a $2.5 million provision for loan losses, an increase of $1.5 million from the same quarter a year ago. The increase primarily represents the provision for loan losses on acquired loans, as well as an increase in general reserves related to loan growth.
- Total loans grew $89.8 million, or 9.5% in 2011, primarily due to the loans acquired in Napa and growth in the San Francisco market. In the fourth quarter loans grew $38.5 million, or 3.9%, primarily in the Marin and San Francisco markets.
- Total deposits grew $187.2 million, or 18.4%, over a year ago, with non-interest bearing deposits growing $77.4 million or 27.4%. Non-interest bearing deposits totaled 29.9% of deposits at December 31, 2011, compared to 27.8% at December 31, 2010.
- Credit quality remains solid with non-performing loans at 1.16% of total loans, down from 1.37% a year ago. The loan loss reserve as a percentage of non-performing loans totaled 122% at December 31 st, compared to 96% a year ago.
- On January 19, 2012, the Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.17 per share. The cash dividend is payable to shareholders of record at the close of business on February 1, 2012 and will be payable on February 10, 2012.
Bank Of Marin Bancorp Reports Record Annual Earnings Of $15.6 Million
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.