Bank of Marin Bancorp (“Bancorp”, NASDAQ: BMRC) announces 2011 annual earnings of $15.6 million, an increase of $2.0 million, or 14.8%, from $13.6 million a year ago. Earnings per share for the year ended December 31, 2011 totaled $2.89 on a diluted basis, up $0.34 from $2.55 in the prior year. 2011 earnings include the impact of the FDIC 1-assisted acquisition of certain assets and the assumption of certain liabilities of the former Charter Oak Bank on February 18, 2011 (the “Acquisition”).
Earnings for the fourth quarter of 2011 totaled $3.4 million compared to $3.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2010. Diluted earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2011 totaled $0.63 compared to $0.73 in the fourth quarter of 2010.
“We are pleased to report record earnings and strong loan growth this year driven by our Napa and San Francisco markets,” said Russell A. Colombo, Chief Executive Officer. “In this environment, we are encouraged by the lending relationships we are building in new and core markets, which should position us well for future growth.”
Bancorp also provides the following highlights on its operating and financial performance for the year and fourth quarter of 2011:
- Fourth-quarter 2011 earnings include a pre-tax $683 thousand write-off of the Napa core deposit intangible asset (included in other expense), primarily due to a significant decline in alternative funding costs since the Acquisition. This write-off reduced diluted earnings per share by 7 cents in the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2011.
- Fourth-quarter 2011 earnings reflect a $2.5 million provision for loan losses, an increase of $1.5 million from the same quarter a year ago. The increase primarily represents the provision for loan losses on acquired loans, as well as an increase in general reserves related to loan growth.
- Total loans grew $89.8 million, or 9.5% in 2011, primarily due to the loans acquired in Napa and growth in the San Francisco market. In the fourth quarter loans grew $38.5 million, or 3.9%, primarily in the Marin and San Francisco markets.
- Total deposits grew $187.2 million, or 18.4%, over a year ago, with non-interest bearing deposits growing $77.4 million or 27.4%. Non-interest bearing deposits totaled 29.9% of deposits at December 31, 2011, compared to 27.8% at December 31, 2010.
- Credit quality remains solid with non-performing loans at 1.16% of total loans, down from 1.37% a year ago. The loan loss reserve as a percentage of non-performing loans totaled 122% at December 31 st, compared to 96% a year ago.
- On January 19, 2012, the Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.17 per share. The cash dividend is payable to shareholders of record at the close of business on February 1, 2012 and will be payable on February 10, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV