The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (Insider Monkey) -- Goldman Sachs published a report entitled "Americas: Technology: IT Services" on Jan. 11. The report isn't publicly available but we will discuss its main points. In their report, Julio C. Quinteros Jr., Vincent Lin, Roman Leal and Geo John are defensive for the IT services sector in the year 2012. Goldman Sachs (GS) is concerned about the "current macro backdrop, with expectations for a slower global growth clouding visibility as we head onto 2012." They have concentrated on stocks that are U.S.-based, mentioning a number of buy- and sell-rated stocks. Here are Goldman Sachs' sell-rated stocks.
Computer Sciences (CSC) provides information technology and professional services to both the government and commercial enterprises. Goldman Sachs has given the company a sell rating and remains cautious on its valuation. Computer Sciences has significant exposure to the Department of Defense, which is looking to cut its budget in 2012. Also, Goldman Sachs is of the opinion that due to Computer Sciences' sluggish booking and a potential loss of the NHS contract, its shares are going to be impacted negatively. Shares of the company are currently trading at $24.9 per share and are expected to go south of $22 by the end of 2012. Glenview Capital sold its entire $42 million position in CSC during the third quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV