Conn’s, Inc. (NASDAQ/NM:CONN), a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home appliances, furniture, mattresses, computers and lawn and garden products today announced its plans to close five stores.
Based on continued review of the demographic information and market share opportunities of its current store base, the Company has identified five underperforming store locations that it will close during January 2012. The stores had average annual revenues of $5 million per store, and are located in Edmond, Oklahoma, Houston, Texas, San Antonio, Texas and two in Dallas, Texas. The Company is in the process of determining the long-lived asset impairment and lease charges that will be required to be recorded in its fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 financial statements. Upon completion of all announced store closures the Company will have 64 retail locations.
“The closing of the five stores this month is a continuation of our previously communicated plan to evaluate our existing store base and close or relocate underperforming stores. Additionally, we are progressing on our plans to open five to seven new stores in fiscal 2013, in areas with compelling demographic characteristics that we believe are favorable to our business model,” commented Theodore Wright, the Company’s CEO.
About Conn’s, Inc.The Company is a specialty retailer currently operating 70 retail locations in Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma: with 23 stores in the Houston area, 17 in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, eight in San Antonio, three in Austin, five in Southeast Texas, one in Corpus Christi, four in South Texas, six in Louisiana and three in Oklahoma. The Company’s primary product categories include:
- Home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges;
- Consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, plasma and DLP televisions, camcorders, digital cameras, Blu-ray and DVD players, video game equipment, portable audio, MP3 players and home theater products;
- Furniture and mattresses, including furniture for the living room, dining room, bedroom and related accessories and mattresses; and
- Home office, including desktop, notebook, netbook and tablet computers, printers and computer accessories.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV