Market items and Goldman compensation day added to this update
Friday's 5 Biggest Stories
Where is the revenue going to come from to help
When the terms "
default," and "
race against time" come in the same sentence, it's hard to be optimistic.
Quote of the Day" I think the destructive, vicious, negative nature of much of the news media makes it harder to govern this country, harder to attract decent people to run for public office. And I am appalled that you would begin a presidential debate on a topic like that," GOP presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich said when asked about his ex-wife's bombshell that Gingrich asked for an open marriage, the first question of the night at Thursday's CNN Republican debate in South Carolina.
Company NewsLost in the worry over Google is that all tech isn't suffering. Take Intel (INTC), for example.
MarketsIt's lonely being a bear in 2012 with the stock market jumping higher.
Investment StrategyI know this is hard to believe, but star fund managers are losing investors as they rack up heavy losses.
Odds and EndsYesterday was bonus day at Goldman Sachs (GS), which explains why you likely saw dudes in suits with red puffy eyes.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV