With that, I’ll turn the call over to Thomas.
Thomas Peterffy – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
The 4th quarter of 2011 was just slightly weaker than the average in this, eventful and for us, financially fairly stable year. We have made much progress in building and tightening up our platform and business processes on which we rely for efficiency more than other businesses do. Our unique business model works.
As proof I would like to offer you the following: This year we executed, processed, settled and accounted for, very nearly one million trades on over 90 exchanges and trading venues in 27 countries and 17 currencies each day, with only 874 employees. In the process we generated one and a half million dollars of revenues and over 850,000 dollars of pretax profit per employee.
We became the largest electronic broker by number of reported daily average revenue trades. We continued to attract new customers with our uniquely versatile platform, superior execution quality and comparatively, extremely low commissions. In spite of offering superior quality at much lower prices, we are still able to achieve a much higher profit margin than our peers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV