The 5 Dumbest Things on Wall Street: Jan. 20
3. Deen Goes For Green
Celebrity chef Paula Deen, famous for her colossally high-calorie dishes, confirmed Tuesday she has type 2 diabetes.
That's tough to stomach. Hopefully she will overcome it.
She also announced her new job as a paid spokesperson for Novo Nordisk (NVO), the drug giant behind the diabetes drug Victoza.Oh lord! That's stomach-turning and even richer than one of her recipes! What's next: Mel Gibson for the United Jewish Appeal? Jerry Sandusky for the Boy Scouts of America? Lindsay Lohan (or Dina Lohan for that matter) for Mothers Against Drunk Driving? The Jersey Shore cast for Mensa? Michael Vick for the PETA? Alec Baldwin for American Airlines (AMR)? Kim Kardashian for TheKnot.com? Casey Anthony for anything. Yep, Paula Deen is going for the green, which would be fine if she was talking about vegetables. Unfortunately, she's not. And that's what makes this whole deal so unappetizing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV