3. Deen Goes For Green
Celebrity chef Paula Deen, famous for her colossally high-calorie dishes, confirmed Tuesday she has type 2 diabetes.
That's tough to stomach. Hopefully she will overcome it.
She also announced her new job as a paid spokesperson for Novo Nordisk (NVO), the drug giant behind the diabetes drug Victoza.Oh lord! That's stomach-turning and even richer than one of her recipes! What's next: Mel Gibson for the United Jewish Appeal? Jerry Sandusky for the Boy Scouts of America? Lindsay Lohan (or Dina Lohan for that matter) for Mothers Against Drunk Driving? The Jersey Shore cast for Mensa? Michael Vick for the PETA? Alec Baldwin for American Airlines (AMR)? Kim Kardashian for TheKnot.com? Casey Anthony for anything. Yep, Paula Deen is going for the green, which would be fine if she was talking about vegetables. Unfortunately, she's not. And that's what makes this whole deal so unappetizing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV