5. Straight To Hellas
Surely the Greek protestors were not applying the Socratic method this Tuesday when they flooded the streets of Athens just as international debt inspectors were arriving to determine if the country deserves a bailout.
You see, had the strikers employed the philosopher's decision-making rules then maybe they would have asked the right questions to arrive at a different -- and smarter -- conclusion.
Questions like: 'Hey guys, do you think we should wait until the folks with the money leave the country before we quit work to protest austerity?'What the Hellas guys? You have got to be kidding us. Even American high schoolers are clever enough to hide the kegs when the cops show up. Officials from the European Union, European Central Bank and International Monetary Fund traveled to Greece earlier this week to survey the impact of previous financial reforms before deciding whether to grant the country additional monetary aid. Also on the group's agenda was a meeting with private creditors to negotiate a bond swap deal to cut Greek debt by 100 billion Euros ($127 billion). And while one would think that this delegation would be hailed as heroes and given the run of the house, from all indications they could barely hail a cab to get to the Greek Parliament house. An estimated 10,000 protesters rallied in central Athens over potential pay cuts with strikers disrupting public transport and other services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV