State Street Corp.
Nearest Resistance: $44Nearest Support: $39 Catalyst: Earnings Another earnings name today is State Street Corp. (STT), the $20 billion trust bank whose clients are predominantly other financial institutions. State Street reported numbers yesterday that were largely in-line with estimates, posting a 7% increase over 2010's fourth quarter earnings. While shares gapped down hard yesterday on the news, they're being bolstered today (along with the rest of the industry) by Bank of America's (BAC) swing to profitability this morning. State Street's bounce off of $39 support yesterday was a positive signal (it means that shares are able to catch a bid in spite of selling pressures), but yesterday's capitulation is still a major factor that traders should be watching. If shares can make their way above $42, shareholders should feel much more comfortable about upside in this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV