State Street Corp.
Nearest Resistance: $44Nearest Support: $39 Catalyst: Earnings Another earnings name today is State Street Corp. (STT), the $20 billion trust bank whose clients are predominantly other financial institutions. State Street reported numbers yesterday that were largely in-line with estimates, posting a 7% increase over 2010's fourth quarter earnings. While shares gapped down hard yesterday on the news, they're being bolstered today (along with the rest of the industry) by Bank of America's (BAC) swing to profitability this morning. State Street's bounce off of $39 support yesterday was a positive signal (it means that shares are able to catch a bid in spite of selling pressures), but yesterday's capitulation is still a major factor that traders should be watching. If shares can make their way above $42, shareholders should feel much more comfortable about upside in this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV