5 Old-School Things Kids Made Hip Again
BOSTON (MainStreet) -- "I just don't get these kids and their ..."
The list of items for the grumpy curmudgeons of the world to grouse about is growing shorter as young people go retro.
Contrasting with the high-tech world we live in, many in their teens, 20s and early 30s are enamored and enthralled by items and activities rooted in past decades.Porkpie hats and fedoras are back atop heads. Burlesque shows pack theaters and clubs. Ear buds are being set aside for big, old-school headphones. Clove gum and hand-rolled cigarettes are once again the cat's pajamas. We took a look at five blasts from the past that have found a modern home among the nerds, hipsters and cool kids of America.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV