The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( Insider Monkey) -- UBS Investment Research published a report entitled "UBS Pharma- Large Cap and Specialty" on Jan. 11, 2012.
In their report, Marc Goodman, Ami Fadia, Matthew Harrison, and Derek Yuan discuss the expectations for the fourth quarter of 2011 for selected pharmaceutical companies.
UBS Investment Research also believes that there are many opportunities in the special pharmaceutical sector, with continued synergies, significant deal glows, and robust core growth. Here is what UBS thinks about the following pharmaceuticals:Teva Pharmaceuticals (TEVA) is a pharmaceutical company that develops, produces, and markets generic drugs. Teva has been given a buy rating by UBS because the company is in a good position to increase its market share. The company has a good position in the U.S. market and is looking to increase its presence in Europe and other emerging markets. Its earnings growth is expected to be in the double-digits due to the company's strong P-IV pipeline. UBS is of the opinion that the Cephalon deal is going to benefit the company substantially. Shares of Teva are currently trading at $44.5 per share and are expected to reach a price target of $60, indicating a potential upside of around 35%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV