Law Firm Brower Piven Announces Investigation Of Venoco, Inc.
The law firm of Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty to current shareholders of Venoco, Inc. (“Venoco”) (NYSE: VQ) and other violations of state law by the board of directors of Venoco relating to the proposed acquisition of the company by its Chairman and CEO Timothy Marquez through a wholly owned entity, Denver Parent Corporation (“Mr. Marquez”). The firm’s investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether the board breached their fiduciary duties by failing to maximize shareholder value.
On January 16, 2012, Venoco announced that they had entered into a definitive agreement with Mr. Marquez, through a wholly owned entity, Denver Parent Corporation. According to the announcement, Venoco shareholders – excluding Mr. Marquez and his affiliated entities – will receive $12.50 per share in cash upon completion of the transaction. However, according to Yahoo! Finance, at least one analyst has set a high price target of $20.00 per share.
If you currently own shares of Venoco and would like to learn more about the investigation being conducted by Brower Piven, you may email or call Brower Piven, who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions. You may contact Brower Piven by email at
email@example.com, by calling 410/415-6616, or at Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, 1925 Old Valley Road, Stevenson, Maryland 21153. Attorneys at Brower Piven have combined experience litigating securities and other class action cases of over 60 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV