Western Alliance Bancorporation (NYSE:WAL) announced today its financial results for the fourth quarter 2011.
Fourth Quarter 2011 Highlights:
- Net income of $7.1 million, including loss on repossessed assets valuations/sales of $5.0 million, net of tax
- Earnings per share of $0.07, compared to $0.04 per share for the third quarter 2011
- Pre-tax, pre-provision operating earnings of $31.5 million, up 12.1% from $28.1 million in third quarter 2011 and up 26.0% from $25.0 million in fourth quarter 2010 1
- Net interest margin of 4.51% compared to 4.29% in the third quarter 2011 and 4.26% in the fourth quarter 2010
- Total loans of $4.78 billion, up $254 million from September 30, 2011 and up $540 million from December 31, 2010
- Total deposits of $5.66 billion, up $26 million from September 30, 2011 and up $320 million from December 31, 2010
- Nonperforming assets (nonaccrual loans and repossessed assets) declined to 2.6% of total assets from 3.1% in third quarter 2011 and 3.6% in fourth quarter 2010
- Net loan charge-offs of $14.1 million, down from $15.3 million for the third quarter 2011 and from $15.9 million in fourth quarter 2010
- Tier I Leverage capital of 9.8% and Total Risk-Based Capital ratio of 12.6%, compared to 9.5% and 13.2% a year ago
- Total equity of $636.7 million, up $4.4 million from September 30, 2011 and up $34.5 million from December 31, 2010
Robert Sarver, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Western Alliance Bancorporation, commented, “We are very pleased with our 2011 results as we substantially increased loans to small businesses, produced consistent quarterly net income while growing net interest margin and improving our efficiency ratio. Asset quality improved throughout the year as nonaccrual, watch, and classified loans all declined from the prior year. I am proud of the people at Western Alliance Bancorporation and the leadership they demonstrated in accomplishing these results.” Mr. Sarver also noted, “Fourth quarter results will position the Company for success in 2012 by riding the momentum of higher loan growth, along with a stable net interest margin, expense management, and continued improvement in asset quality.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV