NCI, Inc. (NASDAQ:NCIT), a leading provider of information technology (IT), engineering, logistics, and professional services and solutions to U.S. Federal Government agencies, today provided its preliminary business outlook for 2012 and announced that it has taken actions to remove more than $5 million from its annual cost structure, which will result in a one-time restructuring charge in the fourth quarter of 2011. The company also reaffirmed previously issued fourth quarter and full-year 2011 revenue and earnings per share guidance, excluding the restructuring charge.
NCI will report its full fiscal year 2011 results and issue guidance for 2012 on February 15, 2012.
Preliminary 2012 Business Outlook
NCI cited continuing difficulty and uncertainty in the Federal procurement environment as well as a high number of contract awards under protest in setting its current expected revenue range for 2012 at $340 million to $360 million. The company stated that the major components of the anticipated year-over-year revenue decline in 2012 were as follows:
- Attrition of BRAC-related and other non-core program revenue, as previously disclosed;
- Expiration of task orders and contracts within NCI’s core contract base; and
- A net reduction of revenue associated with NCI’s core contract base as a result of reductions in scope of work and certain lost contract recompetes, among other factors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV