6 Stocks Driving the Economy in 2012
Company Profile: Masco makes, distributes and installs home improvement and building products, including faucets, cabinets, coatings, windows and insulation for the new home construction market, mainly in North America.
Share Price: $12.66 (Jan. 18 Close)
Year-to-Date Increase: About 22.8%TheStreet Ratings Grade: Sell. TheStreet Ratings team says that key measurements including liquidity indicate that it's relatively unlikely that Masco will face financial difficulties in the near future. However, the company's liquidity has decreased from the same period last year, indicating deteriorating cash flow. Goldman Sach's View: Joshua Pollard, analyst has now changed his view of Masco shares to neutral from sell, because he believes the company is beginning to fix its cost structure. In addition, full-year 2012 earnings consensus estimates for the company have fallen 65% since October 2010, which means that they will now be much more achievable by Masco -- lowering the risk of disappointment. Although the company may still face the risk of price competition in cabinets, long-term investors should feel encouraged by the company's recent management changes and streamlining of its installation capacity, says Pollard.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV