Company Profile: Sears is the parent company of Kmart and Sears. The company operates about 2,201 full-line and 1,354 specialty retail stores in the U.S. through Kmart and Sears, and about 483 full-line and specialty retail stores in Canada through its subsidiary Sears Canada.
Share Price: $39.49 (Jan. 18 Close)
Year-to-Date Increase: About 33.9%TheStreet Ratings Grade: Sell. Sales and net income have dropped at the company; but growth has outpaced the average competitor within the industry, TheStreet Ratings analysts note. Standard & Poor's View: Analyst Jason Asaeda is feeling much more positive about Sears' ability to win new customers under the stewardship of the company's new Lou D'Ambrosio. Asaeda expects store-level improvements to gain traction in fiscal 2013 as the company closes 100 to 120 underperforming Kmart and Sears Domestic full-line stores and increases investments on its more productive stores. Asaeda is also expecting "sharper pricing and more impactful marketing" under D'Ambrosio's leadership.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV