Company Profile: Sears is the parent company of Kmart and Sears. The company operates about 2,201 full-line and 1,354 specialty retail stores in the U.S. through Kmart and Sears, and about 483 full-line and specialty retail stores in Canada through its subsidiary Sears Canada.
Share Price: $39.49 (Jan. 18 Close)
Year-to-Date Increase: About 33.9%TheStreet Ratings Grade: Sell. Sales and net income have dropped at the company; but growth has outpaced the average competitor within the industry, TheStreet Ratings analysts note. Standard & Poor's View: Analyst Jason Asaeda is feeling much more positive about Sears' ability to win new customers under the stewardship of the company's new Lou D'Ambrosio. Asaeda expects store-level improvements to gain traction in fiscal 2013 as the company closes 100 to 120 underperforming Kmart and Sears Domestic full-line stores and increases investments on its more productive stores. Asaeda is also expecting "sharper pricing and more impactful marketing" under D'Ambrosio's leadership.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV