Share price: $10.43
Online backup specialist Carbonite went public in August 2011 at $10 per share, and Canaccord believes shares are attractive, now that they are close to the IPO price.Davis believes Carbonite is likely to be the second fastest-growing public SaaS (software as a service) company this year, behind Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD). "Like any good IPO, near-term numbers are likely to be sufficiently conservative that Carbonite should have several more quarters of meeting or beating expectations," Davis noted in his report. The analyst believes now is a good time to get bullish on Carbonite, but would be bearish on the name at $ 9 per share. He sees six-month upside to Carbonite's stock at $14, close to 35% higher than current levels. Davis notes that Carbonite does not make money, and could be subject to selling pressure should investors get nervous. Year-to-date, shares have lost 5.5%, and have lost 15.06% since shares were open for trading. Carbonite reports earnings on Feb. 9, and is expected to lose 26 cents per share on $15.93 million in revenue, according to Thomson Reuters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV