NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - Analyst firm Canaccord Genuity notes that software stocks have been rallying in January, and its four favorite names going into the fourth-quarter earnings season are salesforce.com (CRM), Constant Contact (CTCT), Carbonite (CARB) and Monotype Imaging (TYPE).
Canaccord analyst Richard Davis selected the names based on their valuation, core fundamentals and near-term upside as the companies get set to report fourth quarter earnings.
Problems in Europe could create buying opportunities in these names, according to Canaccord, particularly for patient investors.
Read on for more details on Canaccord's top software picks:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV