Winn-Dixie Is Recalling LEASA Brand Sprouts From Its Stores Due To Potential Exposure To Salmonella (Photo: Business Wire)
Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ: WINN), today announced an immediate Class I voluntary recall of all LEASA Living Alfalfa Sprouts sold in the 6 oz. package with a UPC code of 7546555912. According to the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), the product is potentially contaminated with Salmonella, an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
Winn-Dixie is recalling LEASA brand sprouts from its stores due to potential exposure to Salmonella (Photo: Business Wire)
Out of an abundance of caution for guests, Winn-Dixie is also immediately recalling the following LEASA-branded sprouts from shelves in all stores, including Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana:
|LEASA Broccoli Sprouts||7546555636||4 oz|
|LEASA Gourmet Sprouts||7546555633||6 oz|
|LEASA Spicy Sprouts||7546555635||6 oz|
|LEASA Onion Sprouts||7546555634||6 oz|
All LEASA sprouts being recalled were sold between Jan. 7, 2012, and Jan. 18, 2012, and have expirations dates between Feb. 1, 2012, and March 15, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV