Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA), the nation’s leading network of dialysis facilities, today launched its Champions in Motion program as an integral part of its new Healthy Lifestyle initiative. This initiative is aimed at helping people with kidney failure live a better life on dialysis by encouraging them to become more physically active, eat healthy diets and enjoy more flexible lifestyles. FMCNA's Champions in Motion are dialysis patients who have made a commitment to regular physical activity in spite of dealing with chronic kidney failure, whether it's a morning walk or jog, a bike ride, or a night of square dancing.
FMCNA will honor 20 dialysis patients throughout 2012 who have committed themselves to regular exercise and maintaining a healthy diet as part of their lifestyle. Healthcare teams at dialysis clinics across the U.S. nominated patients to be Champions in Motion, and a board composed of participants from various clinical disciplines within FMCNA made the final selections.
Marshall Lewis, a dialysis patient in San Diego, is recognized as a Champion in Motion because he is very proactive about his health care, and maintains a healthy dialysis-friendly diet and regimented exercise routine, which includes weightlifting.
"After I started working out at the gym and eating a healthier diet, I noticed that my dialysis results improved and my energy level was better," says Lewis. "I enjoy talking to other patients about the importance of finding an activity that will keep them motivated and active because it has made a big difference in my life."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV