Origin Agritech Limited (NASDAQ: SEED) (“Origin” or the “Company”), a technology-focused supplier of crop seeds in China, today announced unaudited financial results for the year ended September 30, 2011. These unaudited year end results reflect the Company’s financial statements during the period from October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011. Origin prepares its financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) of the United States.
FY 2011 Major Corporate Events
- Reached a licensing agreement with a multinational partner to develop high-yield corn varieties incorporating the Origin Agritech glyphosate-resistant and Bt-traits
- Established an exclusive subsidiary in Xinjiang province with a prominent local partner for hybrid seed production and distribution to the northwest region in China
- Liquidation of our stake in Jilin Changrong High-tech Seed Limited (“Jilin Changrong”)
- Completed the strategic leadership transition: Dr. Gengchen Han is now the Chairman, President and CEO of Origin; Dr. James Chen joins Origin as the new CFO; Mr. Larry K. Cordell joined Origin as the Chair of the Audit committee and an independent Director.
Dr. Gengchen Han, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Origin Agritech, commented, “The Chinese seed industry is entering the next growth phase, in which we believe the prospective demand for high quality products will continue to rise. Fundamentals such as the rising food consumption and stabilizing planting area continue to bode very positive for the seed industry in general while individual crop segments also demonstrate promising growth prospects. Diversifying use for corns such as manufacturing animal feed continues to provide robust support in driving up corn price. Rising exports is expected to further boost the growth of rice seed industry.”
“In addition, recently implemented key industry policies will raise the barrier of entry and considerably favor industry leaders with established, high-yielding seed product portfolio and vertically integrated research and development capabilities. In response, we have proactively started strategic initiatives such as expanding our hybrid seed conditioning and production capabilities, establishing new marketing channels in the Northwest, proceeding with our GMO applications, and most recently have completed our strategic leadership transition. We are confident that our recent initiatives would pay off in capturing new growth opportunities in the short run and further strengthening our competitive position.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV