Impax Laboratories Inc. Stock Upgraded (IPXL)
- IPXL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.38, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for IMPAX LABORATORIES INC is rather high; currently it is at 55.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 14.40% trails the industry average.
- IPXL, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 60.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- IMPAX LABORATORIES INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, IMPAX LABORATORIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.88 versus $0.81 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 76.0% in earnings ($0.93 versus $3.88).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 77.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $75.16 million to $17.22 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.