B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) today explained the tax treatment for dividends paid in 2011 on the Company’s common stock. Holders are urged to check their 2011 tax statements received from brokerage firms in order to ensure that the cash distribution information reported on such statements conforms to the information reported herein.
Additional information concerning the tax treatment of dividends paid in 2011 is posted to the Investor Relations section of B&G Foods’ website, www.bgfoods.com, under the heading “Investor FAQ.” Holders are also urged to consult their own tax advisors to determine their individual tax treatment.
In 2011, B&G Foods distributed $0.8000 per share of common stock (CUSIP # 05508R 10 6). Based on U.S. federal income tax laws, B&G Foods has determined that of such distributions, approximately 70.4% (or $0.5634 per share) will be treated as a taxable dividend and approximately 29.6% (or $0.2366 per share) will be treated as a return of capital. Generally, the portion of the distribution on the common stock that is treated as a return of capital should reduce the tax basis in the shares of common stock up to a holder’s adjusted basis in the common stock, with any excess treated as capital gains.
The table below summarizes the tax treatment for dividends paid in 2011 on the Company’s common stock.
|DeclarationDate||RecordDate||PaymentDate||Total Per ShareDistribution||20101 TaxableDividend||2011 Return ofCapital|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV