Updated from 5:18 p.m ET for latest share prices, links, added information on WebMD.
Seattle-based F5 reported a non-GAAP profit of $82.2 million, or $1.03 a share, for its fiscal first quarter ended Dec. 31 with revenue rising 20% year-over-year to $322.4 million. The average analyst estimate was for a profit of $1.01 a share in the quarter on revenue of $319.2 million.
For its fiscal second quarter ending in March, F5 forecast non-GAAP earnings of $1.05 to $1.07 a share on revenue ranging from $332 million to $337 million. The consensus is currently calling for earnings of $1.05 a share in the three-month period on revenue of $330.5 million.
XilinxShares of Xilinx (XLNX) jumped in the extended session after the maker of programmable logic chips easily eclipsed Wall Street's earnings expectations in its latest quarter. The company posted fiscal third-quarter earnings of $127 million, or 47 cents a share, on revenue of $511.1 million. The latest results included a tax benefit of 6 cents a share. The consensus view was for a profit of 37 cents a share in the December-ended period on revenue of $499.3 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV