Updated from 5:18 p.m ET for latest share prices, links, added information on WebMD.
Seattle-based F5 reported a non-GAAP profit of $82.2 million, or $1.03 a share, for its fiscal first quarter ended Dec. 31 with revenue rising 20% year-over-year to $322.4 million. The average analyst estimate was for a profit of $1.01 a share in the quarter on revenue of $319.2 million.
For its fiscal second quarter ending in March, F5 forecast non-GAAP earnings of $1.05 to $1.07 a share on revenue ranging from $332 million to $337 million. The consensus is currently calling for earnings of $1.05 a share in the three-month period on revenue of $330.5 million.
XilinxShares of Xilinx (XLNX) jumped in the extended session after the maker of programmable logic chips easily eclipsed Wall Street's earnings expectations in its latest quarter. The company posted fiscal third-quarter earnings of $127 million, or 47 cents a share, on revenue of $511.1 million. The latest results included a tax benefit of 6 cents a share. The consensus view was for a profit of 37 cents a share in the December-ended period on revenue of $499.3 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV