During the quarter, the online giant earned 60 cents per share on revenue of $3.4 billion. Wall Street was calling for a profit of 57 cents per share on revenue of $3.32 billion.
There were some areas of softness, as its first-quarter revenue forecast and full-year EPS guidance fell short of consensus estimates. Gross merchandising volume was also a bit light during the quarter.
The stock was last quoted at $31.24, up 4.1%, on after-hours volume of 2.3 million, according to Nasdaq.com.-Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV