NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Are you in favor of creating jobs and U.S. energy independence, or would you like to slow global warming and protect the environment from harm?
Think hard before you answer because you can't support both of these things at the same time in the battle between Transcanada's (TRP) Keystone XL pipeline combatants.
If it's the forces of green, the Keystone pipeline is a fight against the same old, same old fossil fuel-driven past of reckless environmental degradation in the name of profits.
When it's the army of the oil and gas lobby, the country is literally burning jobs like dollar bills through its wrong-headed approach to energy, which will also keep us addicted to foreign oil.The problem is that it's politics as usual -- and politics trumping energy policy - no matter which side of the argument you are on, and today, it's all about President Obama deciding to reject the Keystone pipeline.
|Politics as usual is toying with your energy future.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV