The Board of Directors of General American Investors Company, Inc., a closed-end investment company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (GAM), declared on its 5.95% cumulative preferred stock, series B, a dividend and distribution of $0.371875 per share payable in cash on March 26, 2012 to holders of record on March 7, 2012. This quarterly dividend and distribution represents a payment for the accrual period from December 27, 2011 through March 25, 2012. Preferred shareholders will be informed in early 2013 of the taxable portions of the distribution.
General American Investors was founded in 1927, has been publicly traded since its inception and has been listed on the NYSE since 1930. The objective of the Company is long-term capital appreciation through investment in companies with above average growth potential. The Company has net assets of approximately $887 million applicable to its 29.8 million shares of common stock outstanding. The aggregate liquidation value of the Company’s preferred stock is $190 million. Its preferred shares (symbol GAM Pr B) are also listed on the NYSE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV