Horizon Bancorp (NASDAQ: HBNC) today announced its unaudited financial results for the three and twelve month periods ended December 31, 2011. All share data has been adjusted to reflect Horizon’s three-for-two stock split paid on December 9, 2011.
- Fourth quarter 2011 net income was $3.5 million or $.68 diluted earnings per share, a 23% increase in net income from the same period in 2010 and the highest quarterly net income and diluted earnings per share in the Company’s history.
- For the twelve months ending 2011, net income was $12.8 million or $2.27 diluted earnings per share, a 22% increase in net income from 2010 and the highest annual net income and diluted earnings per share in the Company’s history.
- This represents the Company’s 12th consecutive year of record annual earnings.
- Total loans increased $57.4 million during the quarter and $100.3 million during the year to $983.2 million at December 31, 2011.
- Total assets grew to a record $1.55 billion at December 31, 2011 compared to $1.49 billion at September 30, 2011 and $1.40 billion at December 31, 2010.
- Net interest income, after provisions for loan losses, for the twelve months of 2011 was $42.8 million compared with $36.1 million for the same period in the prior year.
- The provision for loan losses decreased to $5.3 million for the twelve months of 2011 compared to $11.6 million for the same period in 2010. Fourth quarter 2011 provision for loan losses was $838,000 compared with $2.67 million in fourth quarter 2010.
- Return on average common equity was 11.20% for 2011.
- During the fourth quarter of 2012 the Company announced a 3-for-2 stock split and shares were issued for the split on December 9, 2011.
- The Company increased its cash dividend in 2011 and paid its 104 th consecutive quarterly dividend to shareholders.
- Horizon’s tangible book value per share rose to $20.37 compared with $17.36 (split adjusted) at the end of 2010.
- In 2011 the Company redeemed all its preferred shares issued to the U.S. Treasury Department under its TARP Capital Purchase Program (“CPP”).
- Horizon’s capital ratios, including Tier 1 Capital to total risk weighted assets of 11.89% as of December 31, 2011, continue to be well above the regulatory standards for well-capitalized banks.
Craig M. Dwight, President and CEO, stated: “Achieving record assets and net income and concurrently growing loans and deposits and reducing Horizon’s loan loss provision in a recessionary economy was a gratifying accomplishment. Horizon’s balanced business model proved its value in 2011. For example, our consumer lending was stable compared with 2010; however, our mortgage and mortgage warehouse lending enabled Horizon to capture the benefits of strong nationwide new mortgage and refinancing activity and a pick-up in business activity. The counter-cyclical structure of our revenue model enables us to achieve balanced revenue and growth. Year-over-year, the Bank has increased return on average equity and return on average assets.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.