Horizon Bancorp (NASDAQ: HBNC) today announced its unaudited financial results for the three and twelve month periods ended December 31, 2011. All share data has been adjusted to reflect Horizon’s three-for-two stock split paid on December 9, 2011.
- Fourth quarter 2011 net income was $3.5 million or $.68 diluted earnings per share, a 23% increase in net income from the same period in 2010 and the highest quarterly net income and diluted earnings per share in the Company’s history.
- For the twelve months ending 2011, net income was $12.8 million or $2.27 diluted earnings per share, a 22% increase in net income from 2010 and the highest annual net income and diluted earnings per share in the Company’s history.
- This represents the Company’s 12th consecutive year of record annual earnings.
- Total loans increased $57.4 million during the quarter and $100.3 million during the year to $983.2 million at December 31, 2011.
- Total assets grew to a record $1.55 billion at December 31, 2011 compared to $1.49 billion at September 30, 2011 and $1.40 billion at December 31, 2010.
- Net interest income, after provisions for loan losses, for the twelve months of 2011 was $42.8 million compared with $36.1 million for the same period in the prior year.
- The provision for loan losses decreased to $5.3 million for the twelve months of 2011 compared to $11.6 million for the same period in 2010. Fourth quarter 2011 provision for loan losses was $838,000 compared with $2.67 million in fourth quarter 2010.
- Return on average common equity was 11.20% for 2011.
- During the fourth quarter of 2012 the Company announced a 3-for-2 stock split and shares were issued for the split on December 9, 2011.
- The Company increased its cash dividend in 2011 and paid its 104 th consecutive quarterly dividend to shareholders.
- Horizon’s tangible book value per share rose to $20.37 compared with $17.36 (split adjusted) at the end of 2010.
- In 2011 the Company redeemed all its preferred shares issued to the U.S. Treasury Department under its TARP Capital Purchase Program (“CPP”).
- Horizon’s capital ratios, including Tier 1 Capital to total risk weighted assets of 11.89% as of December 31, 2011, continue to be well above the regulatory standards for well-capitalized banks.
Craig M. Dwight, President and CEO, stated: “Achieving record assets and net income and concurrently growing loans and deposits and reducing Horizon’s loan loss provision in a recessionary economy was a gratifying accomplishment. Horizon’s balanced business model proved its value in 2011. For example, our consumer lending was stable compared with 2010; however, our mortgage and mortgage warehouse lending enabled Horizon to capture the benefits of strong nationwide new mortgage and refinancing activity and a pick-up in business activity. The counter-cyclical structure of our revenue model enables us to achieve balanced revenue and growth. Year-over-year, the Bank has increased return on average equity and return on average assets.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV