The following is a summary of the activity in various nonperforming asset and troubled debt restructuring categories for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2011:
Sept. 30, 2011
Payments, Sales and Reductions
Dec. 31, 2011
|Troubled debt restructurings:|
|Residential construction and development||$||-||$||-||$||-||$||-||$||-|
|Commercial construction and development||-||-||-||-||-|
|Residential construction and development||9,651||(3,140||)||(1,046||)||2,655||8,120|
|Commercial construction and development||13,890||(3,291||)||(4,293||)||686||6,991|
|Other real estate:|
|Residential construction and development||13,601||(738||)||1,046||-||13,909|
|Commercial construction and development||24,943||(9,139||)||4,293||-||20,097|
Total nonperforming assets and troubled debt restructurings
- Noninterest expense
- Noninterest expense for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2011, was $34.37 million, compared to $36.45 million in the fourth quarter of 2010, and $35.68 million in the third quarter of 2011.
- Included in noninterest expense for the fourth quarter of 2011 was $4.19 million in other real estate expenses, compared to $7.87 million in the fourth quarter of 2010, and $5.08 million in the third quarter of 2011.
Carpenter said that compensation costs in 2011 increased by approximately $9.8 million over 2010 and that the increase was primarily attributable to the payment of annual incentive awards to participants in the firm’s incentive plans. Carpenter stated that in 2010 no cash incentives were paid and thus, excluding annual cash incentives, compensation costs in 2011 would have approximated the amount in 2010. Incentive payouts for all associates other than the executive officers during 2011 are based on achievement of predetermined targets for soundness and operating results. Executive officers are not eligible for any cash incentives as long as the Company is a TARP participant.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts