The following is a summary of the activity in various nonperforming asset and troubled debt restructuring categories for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2011:
|(in thousands)||Balances Sept. 30, 2011||Payments, Sales and Reductions||Foreclosures||Inflows||Balances Dec. 31, 2011|
|Troubled debt restructurings:|
|Residential construction and development||$||-||$||-||$||-||$||-||$||-|
|Commercial construction and development||-||-||-||-||-|
|Residential construction and development||9,651||(3,140||)||(1,046||)||2,655||8,120|
|Commercial construction and development||13,890||(3,291||)||(4,293||)||686||6,991|
|Other real estate:|
|Residential construction and development||13,601||(738||)||1,046||-||13,909|
|Commercial construction and development||24,943||(9,139||)||4,293||-||20,097|
|Total nonperforming assets and troubled debt restructurings||$||118,327||$||(35,406||)||$||-||$||28,064||$||110,985|
- Noninterest expense for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2011, was $34.37 million, compared to $36.45 million in the fourth quarter of 2010, and $35.68 million in the third quarter of 2011.
- Included in noninterest expense for the fourth quarter of 2011 was $4.19 million in other real estate expenses, compared to $7.87 million in the fourth quarter of 2010, and $5.08 million in the third quarter of 2011.
Carpenter said that compensation costs in 2011 increased by approximately $9.8 million over 2010 and that the increase was primarily attributable to the payment of annual incentive awards to participants in the firm’s incentive plans. Carpenter stated that in 2010 no cash incentives were paid and thus, excluding annual cash incentives, compensation costs in 2011 would have approximated the amount in 2010. Incentive payouts for all associates other than the executive officers during 2011 are based on achievement of predetermined targets for soundness and operating results. Executive officers are not eligible for any cash incentives as long as the Company is a TARP participant.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV